A little about myself:-
- Driving cranes in 1951 and in
1953 I got (in those days) a "c" class licence in the army, so
after getting out I thought that's what I want to do.
- I got a civilian licence about 1958
working for a scrap metal company
- Driving tippers Trailers Scammels
forklifts Mobile cranes Link belt cranes
- I had an open class ticket to drive
any implement powered - electric, diesel, pneumatic & even powered by
steam loaders/dozers - you name it!
- I also held a taxi licence
- Also a bus licence
- In the later years I was an owner
driver. I had 2 table tops for a few years.
- In 1989 I retired.